use of furniture
- Instructions for use of locks for HOK storage cabinets
- Antimicrobial fabrics CONTRA
The products of Standard AS have up to five-year warranty*. The warranty period shall commence since the next day after the day the product was given over to the Buyer. Warranty shall be valid on the condition that the assembly instructions were followed when the Product was assembled, the Product has been used for its intended purposes, used during one shifted work and handled in accordance with the handling instructions.
To execute the rights arising out of the warranty, the Buyer has to inform Standard AS about defects that have occurred during the warranty period during reasonable time (2 weeks) by submitting a written reclamation. The name of the defective Product or the name of the components of the defective Product, the description of the fault and a picture must be shown in the reclamation. The invoice, delivery note received from the Seller or other document proving the purchase of the Product must accompany the reclamation.
You can download reclamation form from here.
Warranty is valid if Products are maintained properly, connections checked and tightened on a regular basis.
Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear of the Product. Warranty does not cover the differences in the texture of wood and in tones of the Products covered by natural veneer.
Warranty does not cover the following:
- if the furniture is repaired by the Buyer or a third person without Standard AS previous written permission during the warranty period,
- the furniture has been amended with components not permitted by Standard AS,
- if the furniture is damaged due to its improper handling, storage or transport.
During the warranty period, Standard AS will repair or replace all defective details or products as soon as possible (not later than 60 calendar days as of the date the reclamation was received). Warranty issues are solved under the same delivery terms as the order.
Warranty conditions that apply to new products apply also to the replaced and repaired Products. Warranty shall not exclude or limit the right of the Buyer to use other legal protection means arising out of legislation or the Contract.
* Warranty period may vary by products. Warranty period for chairs and other traded goods is according to terms given by the producer.
Treatment of furniture
Transportation of furniture
- As a rule, furniture shall be transported packaged, in an enclosed means of transport, and advisably on specially designed pallets protected from precipitation, fouling and mechanical damaging (shock, scratches, shaking and abrasion during transportation, etc.).
- Transportation of packages consisting of glass, mirrors and/or pieces of furniture with rolling doors requires special care and attention (packages bearing the image of a goblet).
- Upon loading and unloading as well as delivery of packages to the place of installation it is important to lift and carry the packages carefully. It is prohibited to lift packages from the securing strips, or to fold, drag or drop packages.
- Furniture shall be lifted according to the arrows on the warning signs of the package or from the lower part of the package. Lifting of large-size and heavy objects requires joint effort of several people.
Installation of furniture
- Furniture transported disassembled shall be assembled pursuant to an attached (to the set of products) scheme or guidelines for assembly.
- Upon opening a package containing furniture (prior to assembly) it is important to check visually if all required details are present and in good condition.
- It is recommended to place furniture away from humid (relative air humidity above 60%) and cold (temperature below +10ºC) walls and heating elements.
- If the doors and/or the locks of a piece of furniture do not close properly due to unevenness of the floor, the feet of the piece of furniture must be adjusted accordingly, or, if adjusting is impossible, a wedge of suitable size should be placed under the „foot” or corner of the piece of furniture.
- Upon rearrangement of assembled pieces of furniture in a room, the objects must be lifted from the base and carried to the desired position (except in case of objects having wheels). Prior to starting rearrangement of furniture, it is necessary to empty furniture articles from all objects.
Use of Furniture
- Furniture shall be used according to the designated purpose.
- Furniture must be kept and used in dry and warm rooms where the air temperature does not drop below +10°C and the relative air humidity is between 40-60%.
- Furniture must be protected from direct sunlight as the colour and appearance of furniture articles may be affected by it – the external surface may bleach unevenly, varnish and paint may crack and mirrors may tarnish.
- It is important not to overload shelves and drawers with heavy objects and it is not allowed to fix or hang additional burden to the doors.
- In order to avoid deformation of hinges and drawers of cupboards, the doors and drawers must be kept closed.
It is not allowed to place hot objects directly on furniture. Liquid spilled on furniture must be dried immediately with a clean soft cloth.
- Final hardening of the varnish layer takes place within ca 3 weeks after production; before this term, it is not allowed to cover work surfaces with covers (desk covers, etc.) made of synthetic material.
- If the joints of a piece of furniture include ties, screws or bolts that play, it is necessary to tighten such joints from time to time.
Maintenance and cleaning of the furniture
- It is recommended to dust furniture in the following way:
- varnished, painted or leather surfaces – wipe with a dry, soft cloth;
- surfaces covered with decorative plastic, melamine (laminated) or imitation leather – wipe with a damp cloth;
- surfaces covered with textile – clean with a vacuum cleaner or brush.
- to clean varnished/painted wooden surfaces, use a soft cloth dampened in lukewarm water (may add a drop of dishwashing liquid). After cleaning, it is necessary to dry the surfaces carefully.
- Heavily smeared wooden surfaces can be cleaned with an alcohol-free window cleaning agent. After cleaning, it is necessary to dry the surfaces carefully.
- It is not allowed to clean furniture with products containing acetone or other strong solvents or abrasive agents.
- From the available furniture cleaning agents it is not advisable to use agents that consist of natural or synthetic wax or silicone oil. Use of such agents for cleaning furniture makes it impossible to correct small defects inflicted in course of using the furniture.
- Smeared furniture surfaces (except for the coating textile and leather), glass surfaces, mirrors and accessories can also be cleaned with a soft cloth moistened in mild soapy water, finishing with a cloth moistened in clean water and finally drying the surfaces with a soft dry cloth.
- To clean furniture covered with textile or leather, it is recommended to order cleaning services from relevant registered companies or use available care products for cover fabrics and leather furniture following the instructions of use specified on the products.
The producer ensures compliance of the quality of furniture with the sample(s) and established requirements if the buyer follows the recommendations and advice presented in these instructions.
Troubleshooting electrical desks
If you should experience problems with your electrical desk up and down movement, it can usually be easily solved. Below are the most frequent questions and solutions to the possible problems.
THE DESK DOES NOT MOVE UP AND DOWN
Check: Is the power cord plugged in and is it correctly connected to the desk?
Try/Solution: Try to plug in another appliance to check if there is power in the socket.
Check: Are all the cables between the desk’s control, legs and switches properly connected?
Try/Solution: Check all the connections.
Check: Are there any visible damages on the cables, switch or legs of the desk?
Try/Solution: Damaged parts must be replaced. Please contact customer service.
THE DESK MOVES ONLY DOWN
Reset the table. Please find instructions below.
THE DESK DOES NOT MOVE TO FULL HEIGHT AND ALWAYS STOPS AT THE SAME HEIGHT
The desk may have a set maximum height. The table should be reset to restore original settings. Please find instructions below.
RESETTING THE TABLE
1. Hold the “down” button down until the desk moves to the lower-most position and release the button when the table has completely stopped.
2. The press the “down” button again until the table moves for a moment and stops again.
3. The table has now been reset and should function properly.
Chairs use and maintenance
Using the chairs
- Warranty is valid upon intended use of the chairs and with consideration that the chair is used max 8 hours per day.
- The working chair needs to be adjusted according to user’s weight and ergonomics before it is used. Adjusting the chair correctly ensures comfortable and dynamic sitting:
- Use the whole depth of the seat cushion.
- Adjust the chair to the correct height – knees are a bit lower than hips and the sitting angle of the knees is correct.
- Armrest must at height that does not force the sitter to raise shoulders when leaning to them.
- Chairs with the swing mechanism must have the swing position adjusted according to the weight of the user.
- The fixing and adjusting screws of the chair must be tightly closed, slacks in fixing details may cause deformation. Fixing and adjustment screws of the chair must be periodically tightened, at least once a year.
- Please avoid sharp and any other injuring objects hitting the chair, this may damage plastic and polyurethane details.
- To avoid deformation of chairs, please do not:
- Step or suddenly jump onto the chair.
- Let others adjust the chair.
- Move with chairs against walls, furniture or other objects.
- Bend or pull incorrectly the lever mechanisms of the chair.
- Exterior and durability of sitting furniture depends on maintenance and its quality. Maintenance frequency depends on terms and conditions of usage.
- Clean the chair covering as frequently as possible using a vacuum cleaner or a soft brush.
- Leather surfaces should be cleaned with a soft cloth foreseen for leather surfaces. Cleaning materials and substances must not contain abrasive components.
- We recommend to use maintenance products available on the market for dry washing furnishing fabric and leather furniture; follow the using instruction of the respective products.
- When wet washing is necessary, we recommend to use the cleaning services of suitable registered companies.
- Use moist cloth to clean plastic surfaces; pure water is usually enough to remove most common stains. In case washing with water does not end with desired result, lukewarm water and detergent for PVC surfaces with pH ≤ 9.5 may be used.
- Usage of the following substances is strictly forbidden: acetone, methanol, chloride, etc.
If the installation guide you are looking for is not here, write to us email@example.com
Fast acting, effective and durable anti – microbal fabrics are proven to be effective also against Coronavirus.
As work environments change and become more mobile and collaborative companies are providing shared spaces to offer a versatile and flexible mode of working. With the increase of shared workstations comes the need to minimize the spread of harmful bacteria.
Our effective alternative fabrics are a nano-technology, a non-migrating (non-leaching) antimicrobial protection that acts on the physical structure of the cell by piercing the cell wall. This non-migrating technology is based upon the application of a permanent on the textile. This coating destroys bacteria on contact. It is permanently attached to the textile: it attracts, pierces, deactivates and electrocutes the biochemicals within each microbe or virus.
Key features and benefits
- Bonded – resilient to hing temperatures and rigorous washing
- Permanent – durable for the useful life of most products
- No Migration – Won´t leach into the environment or transfer to other articles or to the skin – no „Zone of inhibition“
- Active hygiene – controls the development of dust mites by destroying some fungi necessary in the dust mite´s food chain.
- Tried and tested – no arsenic, heavy metals.
- Worldwide Registration – Biocidal Products Directive, EPA and ÖkoTex.
- Experience – More than 30 years in market.
Antiviral fabrics are in price group K4 and width of one fabric is 140 cm.
Installation instructions, grouped by product families, can be downloaded from here:
If you are unable to find an installation instruction, please write to us firstname.lastname@example.org